I don’t know about you but I love soups!!! Here is another healthy recipe that’s absolutely delicious!!!
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 6 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups chopped leek
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 3/4 cup peeled diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash of ground thyme
- 10 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini (about 2)
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 lb green beans, trimmed and cut crosswise in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- To prepare soup, sort and wash beans, and place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain; return beans to pan. Add 6 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain; return beans to pan.
- Add leek and next 9 ingredients (through dash of thyme) to pan, stirring to combine. Add 10 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in zucchini, macaroni, and green beans; cook 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Discard bay leaf.
- To prepare pistou, combine basil, cheese, and garlic in a food processor; process until a stiff paste forms. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Serve with soup. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired