- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can of low-sodium white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon, plus a pinch, of salt
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded romaine lettuce (about 3 large leaves)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (about 9 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, skinless (a breast and thigh of a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a medium skillet. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the beans, broth and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the bean mixture to the small bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Put the lettuce, cilantro, the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, lime juice, a pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
Wrap the tortillas in paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
To build the burrito, spread 1/3 cup of the bean puree in the center of a warm tortilla. Sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of jalapeno. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded chicken, then 1/2 cup of the lettuce mixture and 2 slices of avocado. Wrap into a burrito. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Serve with the salsa and yogurt alongside.
Serving size: 1 burrito and 2 tablespoons each salsa and yogurt
Calories 410; Total Fat 15 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 6.6 g, Poly Fat 1.5 g) ; Protein 23 g; Carb 46 g; Fiber 9 g; Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 750 mg
Excellent source of: Fiber, Niacin, Protein, thiamine, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
Good source of: Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Riboflavin, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Zinc